Skip to main content


Our journey with extremely preterm birth - Part 3

#PrematurityBirthAwarenessMonth

Our personal journey -  Part 3

Nov 1,2015 one fine Sunday. Due to over medications there was no space at my stomach even to eat lunch. But Amma's tasty preparation How can I miss? Stomach felt heavy. Went to bed. After few mins my water bag(pani kudam) got broken. My mom,hubby and me was in shock. Too soon water broken.

Nov 1,2015 is just few weeks before massive flood at Chennai. We kept on calling hospital to reach doctor. No response. After 30 mins only she responded.
Doctors reply "We cannot handle.We do not have facility to handle 28 weeks delivery.
Just go to Ramachandra/Apollo hospital"
Heavy rain outside. No power at home(Vanuvempettai). Ola/Uber nothing worked out. We had just two wheelar at home that time. Neighbours called their relative and asked them to help us. They were on their way to attend a function . Act of humanity. They came and picked up me.
Car never stopped at any signal. All traffic police at each signal helped us to move fast. Reached hosp. Throughout journey, I was with delivery pain and water leakages. I was about to enter into hospital lift. Atmost pain started.
Rushed up to labor ward. Baby was in "breech position".That is no head turned down. Just his buttocks doctors can see.
He was about to eat his motion. 28th week baby has no proper lungs growth. If he ate that motion, it is risky.
Usually doctors give injections for lungs development about 48 hrs to 72 hrs if in case there is time to postpone delivery for two three days.. But in my case no time at all. Atmost critical stage.
Doctors gave only one option. "He was about to eat motion. If you push quickly without any delay, there are chances of seeing your baby alive. If you delay even few mins of pushing hard, please forget your baby. He may eat motion ASAP. Sorry"
This hit me hard. Pushed hard. They pulled his buttocks finally. "He didn't cry". It was critical delivery process. I never seen his face that time. At far more distance (labor room entrance) Neonatologist lifted up baby and said it is a boy. But from far away nothing is visible to me.No face no body shape nothing visible for me. They rushed up to NICU with baby inside incubator. He was just "1 kg" That was the info I got.






Without my son, I was at labor room with/without hope. It was really hard for a mother. The pain my hubby went through, cannot be explain in words. He was not in a situation to share about my baby inside labour ward when he met me. I kept on asking questions what doctor said,? How is our son? Did you see him? Is he OK? Is he able to breath?Did he cry after that? I was with tremendous pain because of critical process of delivery. I was totally down and cried. I couldn't able to see & touch my baby like how usually mother do immediately after giving birth. How is he? Where is he? Who is with him? Is he longing for mother's touch? Is he searching me? Why as a mother I am in labor ward without my son next to me? Each thought killed me every second inside labor ward. With those killing thoughts, emptiness & heavy heart got up from bed, cleaned up with help of helper akka and moved back to normal ward room.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our journey with extremely preterm baby - Part 1

#PrematurityBirthAwarenessMonth #OurPersonalJourneyWithPretermBaby #Part1 We got married in May, 2013 and got pregnant (I was physically and of course he was mentally) in May 2015. We both always managed the challenges during pregnancy and after that all alone except few emergency hospital admission process. Elders in our family had their own family commitments and problems. So they could not able to support us properly during our preterm journey to till now. Due to both side family problems, I was in much stress during my pregnancy. Me and my hubby supported each other. He was under learning process to support his partner. I was in 5th mnth of pregnancy. Took scan. It was stated as polyhydrominos. We went for doc visit with scan report. Before visiting doc we just googled to know what is polyhydrominos??? It is specified as pre term chances are there. During the doc visit, we raised question as "Doc is there any chances of preterm birth"?. She scolded me stating &q

A journey of an inspiring single parent of visually and intellectually challenged Child.